12.7.05

People I Admire part 1

I've never been a hero worshipper. Being on such intimate terms with my own weaknesses makes me suspicious of people generally and I know I can be a bit of a scrooge. 'Know Thyself' is far more estimable as a dictum than 'Look on the bright side' in my book. I like to think I'm a realist, but I'm sure I slip into pessimism sometimes.
That being the case, any praise I give must be richly deserved and sincerely meant! so there are a few people who I want to point at and say, look at her/him, he's/she's pretty good. In no particular order.

Top of my list: Windy.
Simply put, I've never met anyone more giving. I would not have survived here without her help.She does so much for me that if I listed everything I would pass my 5 Gazillion terrabyte limit. She always reminds me whats important and shows alot of care and effort for very little in return. Very Christ-like. She is great. An example to me.

Dez.
A good bloke. I feel refreshed everytime I communicate with this man. Although he supports the wrong football team, I know nobody who's opinion of the game I respect more. A good hearted, honest man. In fact Dez. the biggest complement I can give you is that you're the male version of Sarah Shum with less skill in making desert, a bit more down to earth too! (sorry sarah!) What a father you must be.

Yan.
Her brothers, Kalun and Nick, two retiring artistically inclined, sensitive guys, much like myself, . . its not difficult to see who wore the trousers in the Lau household. Yan is the ultimate fun gallery/museum buddy and has sutch a great mix of integrity and brains that makes her the uber conversationalist too. Oh, and she's a good friend. What a craftsman God is to carve out Yan.

Bert.
As a baby Christian, God used Bert, maybe without him realising, to force me to address some dodgy areas of my life. He remains as the closest thing to a hero that I'll ever have. Thanks Bro. I havent laughed as much as I laughed with you and Adrian. Our jokes were dumb, but we regularly fell off our chairs in topic meetings with laughing. x.

Kaz, my sister.
The only person who I spent my whole childhood with. A fantastic daughter, an increadible mother and a great sister. . . . .and wait for it, my friend too. Very smart, strong and funny. Caring and kind and a better person than me in many, many ways. I'm blessed and thankful when I think about Kaz. Here are some Kazthoughts: **She'd leave going to the toilet to the ultimate last second and then try to walk upstairs with her legs crossed.** (aged 3 to 5) Do you still do that smazzer? **she'd bother me with amazing chat when we shared a room and I was trying to sleep (terry wogan time, story time, what else?! )**
She has had some funny hair styles too, remember the AfroKaz. I would like to see afrokaz again.
God bless Kaz.

4 Comments:

Blogger Yan said...

Awwww lovely post. Thank you for the mention. Most people never tell others that they admire them until it's too late. I feel honoured. Thank you.

11:02 pm  
Blogger Mr.Thomas said...

Well, i know quality when I see it. Its a pleasure to be around both of you. Bert, I want to compare bellies as soon as possible. Now we're into our 30's, its gonna take a bit of effort to keep them under control from now on. Do you two know each other?

12:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should I be flattered at being the male version of Sa? We had a very 'interesting' discussion about that on MSN (although I am not going to argue with your comment re: dessert making)!!!

4:34 am  
Blogger Mr.Thomas said...

bert,I remember that conversation too.. .never mind pensions now, it might be too late for that, we'd better write wills. You must have been in the uk for nearly 10 years now!? We mustn't let our mile-stones become mill-stones. God Bless you bro.
Dez! No offence man. You're not really that similar, only in so far as for you both, a conclusion is a poor excuse to stop thinking. You both love language and ideas.
Yan, see you on saturday!

12:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home