23.1.06

SPORT, SPORT, SPORT

I read somewhere recently that part of the football attraction is that its more unpredictable than other sports. Lists are always fun.....

My Favourite 5 sports to watch:
1. Football (soccer) Because I love my team...
2. Curling. (really funny to watch and has the wonderous laws of physics on display.)
3. Crown green bowling. (Newtonian physics baby)
4. Volleyball. (Real team game)
5. Snooker. (psychological battle)

My Least favourote 5 sports to watch:
1. Golf. (did you know there are 238 divvets on the surface of a golf ball? Exciting....huh.)
2. WWF. (50% soap opera, 50% circus, 50% morality play.)
3. Tennis. (the modern players have no charisma! I want Ivan (the terminator) Lendl against Bjorn (underwear king) Borg.
4. Formula 1 racing. (round, and round, and round, and round...)
5. Cricket. (even after three days, you cant tell who's winning.)

what about you? This is not only for the fella's.

8 Comments:

Blogger dezy said...

I want to know which version of volleyball you like...

;)

11:58 pm  
Blogger Mr.Thomas said...

hey! The mens and women's games are both good to watch and I aint talking about the seaside variety desmond. I think Volleyball is a bit like footie, emotion + tactics + individual skill

12:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

+ players like Peter Crouch, Van Der Sar and Petr Cech...

1:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To be honest, i am not keen on any sport related with ball shape. Perhaps i would enjoy all kinds of water sport. It seems more fun playing in the water.

keke, go to the main subject after the introduction. How's your day ar? And how......(nagging) keke.
Windy

1:41 pm  
Blogger Mr.Thomas said...

wise comment from windy! Thanks for putting up with all my football things. You should get a hoobbie too....

Dez man, you mean keepers are like volleyball players? I dont want to think about Paul Robinson in speedo's.....too late.

8:49 pm  
Blogger Mr.Thomas said...

Thanks for putting me onto the zambonis....

I think you're right up to a point. I have a special appreciation of footie cos' of the emotional investment and the fact I play it now and again, true.

Oh man, the first plus curling has is wierd body positions. (ski-jumping, Luge, skeleton also have this) It also has team members sweeping the ice infront of the stone as fast as they can while the thrower screams at them like a maniac. Its played best by odd frozen countries like Canada, Denmark, Sweden and Scotland . . . . you'd fall in love with it too I think. Quite surreal and fun to get into.

I souldn't put Golf as my number one...It wouldn't take much for someone to walk me through a tournament and get me hooked maybe. I just think the whole world of golf seems a bit stale? I dunno.

What does Bert mean by girl sports? Are there any sports only played by girls? Syncronised swimming maybe? Now that is wierd.

Let me think of a new sport . . . .

um...

Downhill Badminton? . . ......Ski-jump and archery combined would be so cool!!!!
how about

Ice basketball?

11:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i only really like playing. football, hockey, athletics, rounders, tig, hide n seek?

and only watch football games at international level... or premiereship competitions. darts makes me laugh :"Won Undred AN AYTEEE!!"

7:57 pm  
Blogger Mr.Thomas said...

Good call! Darts!

9:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home