21.11.05


My buddy Hilda and I taken at our friend Martin's wedding reception. Hilda is a fine drummer and the evening was a great chance for us, along with a gang of other musicians to play some more funky christian songs to a a very mixed audience (martin's idea).
It was especially good for me as the reception was held at the Hong Kong Jockey club in Sha Tin. You may know I'm not a big fan of gambling. . .... . .but wait. . . . I don't want to sound like a puritan or self rightious! . . . . I know lots of people can control themselves and enjoy a 'flutter' now and again (?) Its just that the horses did alot of damage to my dad's life and was a big part in my parent's devorce and subsequent financial troubles. Along with that, alot of my Chinese friends have a family member or two spending too much time and money fretting over a roulette wheel or a horse race.
It was good to fill sutch a normally miserable, desparate place with something good for a few hours.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:48 pm  
Blogger mark said...

hay neil!! lol you gota think some good things came from ken and mom splitting up... you got me and ruth! lol well lol that may not have been much of a trade off but hay lol :D now then lets see if it lets me post this message.....

2:24 am  
Blogger Mr.Thomas said...

hi bruder! Good point!
For sure I wouldn't swap things now.

So how you doing? You moved out yet?

8:32 am  
Blogger dezy said...

self-righteous

a lot

divorce

such

desperate

Sorry, this is what you notice when you're an English Language teacher! Thankfully we have a semester break in December!!

1:57 am  
Blogger mark said...

hiya neil lol its mark i forgot my login info heh, so before i post anything more lets see if this will let me post....

12:42 am  
Blogger mark said...

i'm fine thanks. I have not moved out yet, I doubt I will be moveing out for some time yet. Since money would be to tight. Things in genral are ok for me I guess. Apart from a bit of depression but we all feal down at some point in our lives.

12:44 am  
Blogger Mr.Thomas said...

Marko, Hmm, feeling a bit depressed? Well, true enough life can be joyless sometimes, just try to be thankful for the things you have. A fun G.F. and a future full of possibilities.

11:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey neil,
Eric here, man haven't spoken to in ages, but yeh am so encouraged to hear of the stories of your day to day life, still puts a smile on my face and helps firm my faith in the Big G! Yeh, may he contiue to bless you bro!
(ps: this'd be the lil eric from sheffield/topic) still remeber me?

8:45 am  
Blogger Mr.Thomas said...

Eric! umm. let me see, eric, eric, eric..Oh! yes I remember ERIC right? ...Of course I remember!!!! we only spent years together in topic! I only played footie wit your dad about 10 times, and I was only a teacher at your school! (for about a week) So, yes...I remember you. But, If I remember rightly, you aint so little any more! You have the upper body of a greek god now right?

Happy Christmas Ez. to you and family. If you come out ere, let me know.

7:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home