22.7.05

Train to Bei jng. . .

I'll be making a short trip north to Beijing. I'll be going by train, so 25 hours there and 25 hours back. Stay in the centre of town and try to catch up with as many old friends as possible.
I must admit it'll be a welcome change of scenery for me. A chance to get out of one big city, plough my way north through lots of interesting places and then pull up in another very different city. Swapping glass for concrete. Swappin grime and carbon monoxide for dust and sulphur. Its healthier to have a variety in polution too.

It'll feel strange to be back there. It was a special year 1999 to 2000 in that crazy place. I definitely had a good time. HK is all about work and money, BJ felt a bit like the wild west.

I'll be catching up wit lots of old students. all in their twenties now. so a day to gettere, 3 days there, and a day back home to HK . Home to HK. Still have a slight buzz when I say that. HK, BJ both important places for me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hellooo,
keke. Take care in your trip even though i beleve some losses or damages must happen finally.
hmmm, thank you for your patience in taking my temper. Your cold heart can draw you away from building close relationshp with friends but also can make u deal with the crisis clamly.
Windy

10:53 pm  
Blogger Mr.Thomas said...

hello Kwok Ga Wei Lo Si.
If I look out of the plane window I'll only see clouds. I want to go through the country close to the ground, and stare at the farmers as I go past at 50 miles per hour, not 500.
I think the journey is partof the reason for going.

I might be wrong though, I might be bored silly.

8:11 pm  
Blogger dezy said...

Or it might just be a lot cheaper this way?

1:38 am  
Blogger dezy said...

P.S. And you have a cold heart? Surely that is your evil twin brother...

1:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home