13.5.06



The first Typhoon of the 2006 season is hooking its way into the South Chin Sea. Its a severe tropical storm at the moment, but when it gets out into open water its predicted to build into a Typhoon (hurricaine)

I can remember when Typhoon Imbudo passed in 2003 or 4. It had a double eye wall and passed pretty much overhead. It really is something. The wind falls off, then there's stillness for 10 minutes, then you're hit from the opposite direction increadible violent wind. Nothing like it in the UK, although I was in Brighton when it had its only tornado!!

Places like Japan and HK rarely suffer casualties.There's a warning system and buildings are well built (mostly)

The models predict landfall somewhere close to HK for this one, called Chanchu. I am starting to get excited already. Silly I know.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Typhoon season?

I would get pretty excited by that too! Nice to see Sam & I have some other things in common!!

12:14 am  
Blogger Mr.Thomas said...

Esther! Its really such a comfort knowing that somewhere in this metropolis there is another sheffield sister.

I think its a guy thing. Not sure if teh 'super typhoon' (as it is now) is going to 'recurve' back into the tai wain strait, or make landfall close to HK...

I'm hoping for a day off so.....praying!!!

I do think guys tend to get excited about things like this. We are like big kids. How are your two doing?

oh well, lesson to teach...

1:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home