7.11.06

Robbie Keane Leaves Ferreira on his bum.


Tottenham Hotspur 2. Chelsea 1.
I couldnt let the week pass without a quick post on a historic game for the club I support. Spurs last took 3 points from Chelsea 16 years ago and it is a small indication of the progress made under Martin Jol that, with both teams playing well, we came out on top. The first twenty five minutes were all Chelsea, and as I watched Makalele hit a sweeet volley past Paul Robinson, I admit I turned the TV off and thought 'OK, that's it then'
Luckily I had the courage to turn the TV back on.
But the players had another idea, and two goals, a red card and 30 minutes later the club had finally beaten an in form top 4 side. It was a great game to watch.

Re the decisions: Terry wrestled Ledley King to the ground and had a set too with Chimbonda and deserved to go off. Lampard tackled like a Shao Lin Monk and the whistle had gone before Drogba scored his second. So the referee was spot on IMHO.

On its own, I know this doesnt mean much unless it is built on, but it is a step foreward. I dont believe there is a premiership glass ceiling and that the top 4 will always be the top 4. Call me a heretic if you want to. But I think Liverpool and Arsenal are not 'as' safe now, as they were this time last week.

WELL DONE SPURS!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you're a man who treats his students depending on how Spurs do over the weekend.

Does that mean they got the whole day to play with no homework? ;)

9:52 pm  
Blogger Mr.Thomas said...

I have different classes through the day but I made sure everyone knew what the score was. Tried working it into every lesson!

Martin Jol's Anniversary present to Sir Alex.

11:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha
you're funny man, making jokes all the time
Liverpool aren't 'as' safe cos of Spurs?!?!
well, revel in your moment nelly, Tottenham + Graham Poll did really well. and Chelsea were rubbish, Keane should have hit two more.

9:54 pm  
Blogger dezy said...

How many of your students like football?

There's a Liverpool one in one of my regular classes then there are 2 college players in one of my other ones so it's nice and easy to have a change of pace! Not sure what all the other students make of it though.

11:57 pm  
Blogger Mr.Thomas said...

A couple do, I do enjoy a bit of banter with some of the senior lads.A couple of ManU fans, a couple of gooners and a Liverpool fan here and there apart from the Nouveax Riche Chelsea fans. It does get a bit merciless sometimes but its always good natured stuff. . . . speaking of which......

You might be right Hen! I might have egg on my face this time next year. I hope spurs can sustain the improvements and split off one of the top 4, thats all.
And by the way. . I hope Rafa's agent wasnt being serious, I think the prem. would be a lesser league if he does go to Italy. Good Luck against Arsenal.

8:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home